New Passport/Child Passport
Requirements for 3-6 business day processing and for Next Day service processing
Please print this page
- You are applying for a new passport/child passport for the first time, or:
- You are applying for a minor (under 16), or:
- Your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, or:
- Your passport was issued before you turned 16.
Follow these steps and include this information in the package
Important note: In some of the steps below, a U.S. government form needed for completion of this process will be opened in a new browser tab (or window). When you complete this online form, print it, then close that tab or window, and you’ll be right back here to continue the process.
Step 2. Passport Authorization Letter (must be printed) Please complete two (2) copies of the authorization letter. This letter will authorize our Passport division to submit and expedite the new passport on your behalf. You will need to hand one authorization letter to the acceptance agent at the special post office or county clerk’s office. The second authorization letter will need to be put in the overnight package you send to us.
Step 3. Print our Passport Order Form (must be printed) and send a copy inside your FedEx Priority Overnight® package. Also in the FedEx package, include a check for payment of $124.00 for our service fee, which also includes return delivery fees. (Note: If you pre-paid for your passport when you expedited your birth certificate through us, please disregard our fees).
Step 4. Check/money order made payable to “US Department of State” for its $170.00 fee (adult), $140.00 (for a minor). Also, please include another check for $25.00 for the post office/county clerks fee. (Write applicant’s full name and date of birth in the memo section of the check or money order. All personal checks must show a printed address. Do not cross out and/or rewrite any information on the check. Temporary or starter checks are not acceptable (use a money order instead).
Step 5. Two Passport Photographs taken by a passport photographer: Passport Photograph Regulations (page opens in new window or tab).
Step 6. Original Certified Birth Certificate, or naturalization certificate, or the most recent passport. If applying for a child passport and you are providing a previous passport for your child, you must include a certified birth certificate in addition to the previous passport to prove who the child’s parents are.
Step 7. Valid Picture Driver’s License issued more than six (6) months ago. If your Driver’s License has been issued or renewed in the last six (6) months, you will need to provide at least three (3) personal documents. Here’s what you can use (new window)
Step 8. To have your passport expedited, you will also need proof of departure. This will be ONE of the following:
- a) copy of your airline tickets;
- b) travel itinerary; or:
- c) Company Letter of Expedite. See sample (new window).
Step 9. Both parents must appear with the child at the acceptance agent when expediting the sealed envelope.
For All Minors Under Age 16:
- Each minor child shall appear in person.
- All applications for children under 16 require both parents’ or legal guardians’ consent.
For Minors under Age 16 you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s).
You will need to submit one of the following:
- Certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents’ names); or
- Certified Foreign Birth Certificate (with parents’ names and translation, if necessary); or
- Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) (with parents’ names); or
Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) (with parents’ names); or
- Adoption Decree (with adopting parents’ names); or
- Court Order Establishing Custody; or
- Court Order Establishing Guardianship.
If both parents cannot be present, then form DS-3503 must be filled out by the absent parent, and the DS-3053 (opens in new window) needs to be included in your sealed envelope. (The DS-3053 needs to be notarized with a copy of the absent parent’s driver’s license.)
For All Minors Ages 16-17:
- Each minor child shall appear in person.
- For security reasons, parental consent may be requested.
- If your child does not have identification of his/her own, you need to accompany your child and present identification. (see above)
Local Acceptance Appearance: In order for us to process your new passport/child passport, you must first get all the requirements listed above then go to a Local Acceptance Location. Find one here. Every person must appear in person, which will either be a special post office or county clerk’s office. You will need to show the items listed above, which will then be put into a government sealed envelope.
Make sure you get the envelope back from the clerk, and do not open it. After you appear at your local acceptance agent, you will then FedEx your sealed envelope, order form and payment to us at the address at the bottom.
- The Sealed Envelope;
- Our order form filled out completely (step 3 above);
- Payment to USBirthCertificate.net (unless you pre-paid*);
- Second Authorization Letter
Payment methods: You can pay by credit/debit card, check or money order. Make checks/money orders payable to: USBirthCertificate.net.
If pre-paid: If you’ve already paid for your passport or have also used our birth certificate expediting service, then disregard our fees. See “Please note when ordering both” on right sidebar for clarification of costs.
Write on the envelope: Write the full name, date of birth and telephone numbers on the government sealed envelope.
Use FedEx Priority Overnight® 10:30 a.m. delivery
US Birth Certificate. Net
1143 N. Madison St.
Lafayette OR 97127