- Birth Certificates
- For U.S. Citizen Born Abroad
- New York City Birth Certificate
- States Beginning with A-H
- States Beginning with I-L
- States Beginning with M-N
- Maine Birth Certificate
- Maryland Birth Certificate
- Massachusetts Birth Certificate
- Michigan Birth Certificate
- Minnesota Birth Certificate
- Mississippi Birth Certificate
- Missouri Birth Certificate
- Montana Birth Certificate
- Nebraska Birth Certificate
- New Hampshire Birth Certificate
- Nevada Birth Certificate
- New York Birth Certificate
- North Carolina Birth Certificate
- North Dakota Birth Certificate
- States Beginning with O-R
- States Beginning with S-Z
- Guam Birth Certificate
- Contact Us
Record of Birth Abroad Birth Certificate Order
USBirthCertificate.net, simplifying getting a birth abroad record
USBirthCertificate.net helps simplify the process of getting a copy of a Record of Birth Abroad. We are recommended by U.S. Embassies around the world as a goto company when it comes to cutting through the paperwork maze.
WHO QUALIFIES: A record of birth abroad can be ordered for someone born abroad only if at least one of the parents was born in the United States. More details are below.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Once the order shipment is received by our office, it can’t be cancelled. Payment may be made by credit card online or by check or money order. We may call you to verify info to help get it through the system accurately. Average time to receive your certificate is 6-10 weeks.
SO, IF YOU ARE READY… LET’S GET STARTED!
To order a Record of Birth Abroad copy, please follow these steps:
Step 1. Click and fill out the Record of Birth Abroad Worksheet and submit it, then print it.
(Secure form opens in new window or tab)
Step 2. In an overnight shipping envelope (FedEx/UPS, with tracking), ship the following:
- The notarized Consular Vital Record Search form;
- A copy of your driver’s license at 200% zoom and light enough to read;
- If a parent is requesting for an adult child (a person 18 and up that doesn’t have valid ID) you’ll need a notarized note from the adult child on a separate page indicating they want their parent to request a certificate for them. (Click to open form to print out in new tab) Note:This is only required if the person listed on the birth record is over 18.
- Payment by check/money order or credit card on the printed worksheet.
- Overnight to: USBirthCertificate.net, 1143 N. Madison St. Lafayette OR 97127
Process Time and more details:
If at least one of the parents of the person born oversees was born in the United States then we can help you. We are a private company that can help you get a Record of Birth Abroad for you in most cases 6-10 weeks. We don’t create , amend or change birth records we only help you retrieve existing records.
The Record of Birth Abroad that you will get can be used to get a Passport or as proof of citizenship. A Consular Report of Birth Abroad can be issued as an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship. On January 3, 2011, the Department of State began issuing a new Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
You may request multiple copies of this document at any time. As of December 31, 2010 the Certificate of Report of Birth (DS-1350) is no longer issued. All previously issued FS-240 and DS-1350 documents are still valid for proof of identity, citizenship and other legal purposes.
Unlike passport agencies, which receive all of the documentation needed from the applicant, most consular vital records must be retrieved from off site repositories, including the National Archives. Since the time required to retrieve these records varies significantly based upon the type of record and date of occurrence, it is impossible to give a definite turnaround time. However, all requests automatically get expedited service, but there is no way to reduce the retrieval time.
Consular Reports of Birth are not available for persons born in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Panama Canal Zone (before Oct. 1,1979) the Philippines (before July 4, 1946), American Somoa, Guam, Swaims Island, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or the former U.S. Territories of the Pacific Islands, because these areas are or were considered part of the United States. Birth Certificates for these areas must be expediteed from their respective offices We can expedite birth certificates for these U.S. Territories.
Begin the process and choose your state/territory in the state of birth drop down (Consular Vital Records form) for additional information. If your birth location is not listed, e-mail/call us for more information. We process other territories on a case-by-case basis.
Credit And Debit Cards Are Accepted
Only one charge will appear on your statement.
- Note: You cannot use non-US issued credit cards or that ship outside the USA.
- The person requesting the birth certificate must a valid state ID or driver’s license.
Better Business Bureau
*A+! As of Jan. 17, 2018.
Check us out now!
US State Dept. recommended
Operating for over 14 years, we have been recommended by the US State Dept. at Embassies around the globe. We're privately owned & not operated by any gov't. agency.
Use only FedEx or UPS standard overnight delivery (not a morning priority service).
1143 N. Madison St.
Lafayette OR 97127
(800) 856-2526 or
Birth abroad costs
The charges include
1. Department of state fee: $50
2. FedEx shipping rountrip cost: $50
2. Our expedite service fee of $60.
The total cost is $160.